Monday, July 28, 2008

A Special Day! ....15 Month Pictures...Visit to Lake Sammamish

Jacob & Robby 15 months
Robby 15 months



























Not that everyday isn't special, but today was a big milestone. First off, it is their Great Grandma's 102nd birthday (if she was still alive). Jacob's big accomplishment was crawling forward! I knew he was very close this weekend and this morning he wanted a toy in front of him and I stood back in the hallway watching him decide how he was going to get it. He only went a short distance (until he got the toy), but he did it a couple of more times. His Occupational Therapist saw him at day care today and she also witnessed him doing it, along with the day care teachers. Tonight, he was on the move again. His legs aren't really strong yet, so it will take some exercise to get him to be moving around like Robby, but I'm so happy to see him finally moving forward on his own!

Robbby's big feat today was kneeling as he peed on the carpet! Actually, this is the 2nd time he did it. They take baths together, so I quickly run one into their bedroom and race back for the 2nd one. When I re-entered the room with Jacob, Robby was watering the carpet. Oh well.... At least he doesn't sit and do it like a girl.

Along w/ My Grandma's birthday being today, it is also her sister's birthday. Her sister Doris turned 97 today and she is still here. Along with my parents, Robby and Jacob, we went and visited Doris yesterday. I hate to say this, but it's the first time we have gotten out to see her. It was a nice afternoon. Along with Doris, her son Don and his wife got to meet the boys and her daughter Jan and Ken got to meet them. Before leaving, Jan's daughter-in-law Cindy and 3 of her 4 girls came to the house and also got to see them. I was working with Cindy while I was pregnant, so she went through a lot of the pregnancy with me.
Doris with Jacob & Robby























Ken & Don


Jan, Cindy & Jacob

















Jacob

Robby pushing Jacob Dad and Maria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for Jacob! It's amazing how the littlest accomplishments mean so much to us! I've been trying to get some of you blog read! Little by little :-)

Cindy, Robby & Jacob said...

I remember when we got excited when our babies would poop in the NICU or gain a gram or two. I cherish every moment of everything they do. Did you set it up so everytime I put a new post on you get an email? I have that so as soon as someone posts something I can read it. I put quite a few posts on last night...some of them going back to May. I need to get my photos on them. My camera is dead, so I have to rely on other people's pictures.