This 4th of July was, well, no offense to Kingston or my family...but very boring. Went to the parade, but the boys fell asleep when it started. They woke up a couple of times for a brief moment as a loud honking car or truck would go by. There were a lot of political people and businesses in the parade. There were a few fun things, but for the most part, I would have rather been sleeping....not to mention the parade started an hour late due to the ferries being off schedule.
Debbie and I went down to the park, but all the booths were down and there was absolutely nothing going on. JP Patches wasn't even there this year.
We had a very nice dinner and Debbie left shortly after. Ryan and Rachael stayed on the mainland and did things with friends. I missed going to the fireworks stand and wasting money on fireworks with Ryan like we have done for several years. There were no fireworks to watch being put off on the bank, but someone on the beach was setting off some good ones, but Mom, Dad and Jacob had fallen asleep. Robby sat on the deck with me and watched them, but he was getting too jumpy with the loud ones, so I brought him inside. A couple of the bands were good, but I had to laugh when I heard the guy say "Kingston Rocks". I figured he must be from Hansville or some place really boring. The Kingston fireworks were very good and we could see both of Seattle's main ones too.
It wasn't the 4th of July like I used to experience. Luckily, the boys won't know the difference.
Youth Soccer Parade
-
The youth soccer teams were invited to parade around the stadium prior to
the high school boys soccer match. Jake had baseball practice and couldn't
make i...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment