Wow! Two blog postings in one day! Baylea has been very careful of the boys since the first day they came home. When they weren’t mobile, she’d lay by them constantly and guard them, but as they started to come to live, she’d only go up occasionally and smell them and sometimes let them pet her with my assistance. Other than that, she keeps her distance from them now since they don’t understand how to be gentle and the tail isn’t for pulling. One of the gates was open to the living room and Baylea gambled her life and went in and jumped up on the couch. Robby had been in bed, but I got him up and we went into the LR. I saw Baylea on the couch and she saw Robby, but just went back to sleep. I just kept an eye on Robby to make sure he didn’t get too close to her. Well, I fell asleep and awoke to poor Baylea meowing fast and loud as Robby had cornered her into a corner. I didn’t spend a lot of time trying to figure out what Robby was thinking because he was happy she was down there with him, but not sure what to do now. I quickly grabbed Baylea and saved her. I know, I should say I saved Robby, but Baylea didn’t touch him. She is now sleeping on the chair, outside the gated area for the boys.
Another big event happened tonight. Jacob went from lying down to sitting up by himself. It sounds pretty minor for most people, but since he has been as floppy as a Raggedy Andy doll for over a year, the strength he is developing is incredibly exciting! I thought I might be done mixing formula for good (I’ve been mixing formula and milk together, along with their thickener), but Jacob threw up about 2/3 cup of his bottle and dinner tonight. It didn’t help that Robby was going for the couple of ounces left in Jacob’s bottle and put his hand down rather hard on Jacob’s stomach. That started the volcano. He was fine afterwards and his lying in his crib sucking away at his thumb.
The hospital said they’d probably both be tired today after the surgery and sleep. Robby seems to be an exception to those type of rules….he was busy as ever today. His big thing is hanging on to my knees when I’m sitting and then letting go and standing by himself. The smile on his face is priceless! He gets so excited. I’ll have to have my camera ready tomorrow when he is doing it. I usually keep my hands free to catch him in case he falls. He almost always will grab back onto my knees when he knows he can’t balance any longer.
I should clean or do laundry or something constructive, but I think I will just go to bed. After all, it is almost 8:00!
Youth Soccer Parade
-
The youth soccer teams were invited to parade around the stadium prior to
the high school boys soccer match. Jake had baseball practice and couldn't
make i...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment