Sunday, July 13, 2008

My 5 minute blog....

I promised myself I was going to write for 5 minutes a night…so here it goes…
Good things that happened today:
Robby & Jacob got to play in their new swimming pool. They got in there and splashed and laughed and screamed (happy screams) and splashed until I made them get out…They weren’t happy then.

Jacob just got the point where he doesn’t need support while in water! Before, I would have to use my calves to support his body in the bathtub so he wouldn’t fall over. He spent a lot of time today turning on his bottom and trying really hard to figure out how to crawl….he still isn’t strong enough, but he has the desire.

Robby spent a lot of time standing w/ no help. I still didn’t get a still picture of him, but got it on video. Once I figure out how to upload videos, I’ll put some on. I have numerous DVD’s.

Bad things that happened today:

Robby threw up all of his dinner and to top it off, had projectile vomiting. After he was done, he was happy as can be and went on with his getting into everything and standing.
As we were on errands today, Jacob started to cough/choke. It isn’t too unusual because they both aspirate and that is why I have to thicken their bottles. They will often choke on their spit too. He kept chocking and I luckily the light was red at 196th and 44th Ave W in Lynnwood and so I got out of the car to make sure he was OK. He was still choking, so I got him out of the car seat (light still red) and was patting him on the back trying to help him out. Not ONE person stopped and asked if I needed any help. No one honked at me when the light turned green and I put him back in his car seat. He seemed to be OK at first, but kept coughing, so I pulled into the Fred Meyer parking lot. As I looked up in my mirror to see who was behind me that was kind enough not to honk, yet not human enough not to offer help, I saw it was the City of Lynnwood Aid unit. Did that ever upset me! Aren’t they supposed to help people in medical emergencies? How many people get a baby out of a car seat in a very busy part of Lynnwood and try to assist them? I wasn’t paying any attention to my surroundings as I was trying to help Jacob, but I’m going to be writing a letter. With all their fancy cameras they have all over Lynnwood, they should be able to roll the film back to that intersection and see how the jerks were!

I got him out of the car again and made sure he was OK before we ventured on.

Good thing today:

I took a long hot bath after I put the boys down. It was relaxing and I told myself I was going to make this a nightly routine. As I type this now, close to 11pm, with ½ the dishes done, less than ½ the laundry done, haven’t returned emails, haven’t opened my day timer to see what my schedule is for the week, have a sheetless bed, a liter box to scoop and general cleaning…not to mention all the extra cleaning that has been neglected….I think I will vow to make it a nightly routine every July 13th. That is more realistic. I’m pretty exhausted tonight. I’ve had sinus problems all weekend and back and neck problems for several weeks now…which reminds me, I need to make an appt w/ the Physical Therapist.

I’m still with Farmers if you have any interest in getting a quote or know someone who does. I’m also wholesaling advertisement buttons on the side….just something I ran across by accident. I don’t put a lot of time into it, but the button manufacturer is sending people to me that aren’t distributors, plus has given me other lists of people that have purchased in the past. It’s fun and relaxing. I really want to use my connections to help out non- profit groups and give them big discounts so they can make more for their cause.

Well, I think I will tend to the liter box and then my favorite thing to do before bed….go see my little guys sleeping and pray with them.

No comments: