Today both Robby and Jacob got ear tubes. Both have suffered multiple times from ear infections, so both of them were ready and so was I! It was a very simple surgery, like I expected. Robby was in for 16 minutes and Jacob for 14. They were both good little boys and are sleeping quietly now. I took a couple of pictures of them in their little hospital gowns I’ll post later.
Many things have been happening, but I’ve been horrible about updating this site. Robby is crawling EVERYWHERE and standing every chance he gets. He will hold onto the coffee table, couch, his brother’s head or anything he can find and he is so proud of himself. The past week, he has really been trying to stand solo and can do it for several seconds and gets the cutest grin on his face.
Jacob is still a little slow. He hasn’t quite conquered crawling, although it seems like he is getting closer all the time. He gets one leg stuck, but he has come a VERY long way from where he was a couple of months ago. He can now pivot on his bottom and move around a little, he can bear weight on an arm to reach for things and can roll from his tummy to his back easily and from his back to his tummy with little assistance. He isn’t big about being on his tummy, except sometimes at night he will want to sleep on it. He continues to get therapy from his awesome OT- Pilar and will catch up with Robby before you know it. He is almost always a very happy baby and has 5-6 teeth now. He got his first one on April 19 and they just keep coming! He enjoys putting people’s fingers in his mouth so he can show them how sharp they are.
Well, hopefully they will take long naps after their surgery day and I’m going to also take one…the dishes, laundry, bill paying and everything else can wait!
I’m doing this page not only to keep people up-to-date, but also for something for the boys to look back at in the years to come. Many people just email their comments, but I’d really appreciate it if you’d post the comments directly on the web page so they will be able to read them down the road. You don’t have to have a Google account; you can just sign it as anonymous and put your name in the body of the comment. You can also subscribe to the feed and every time I do an update, you’ll be notified. I started doing that with their ex-roommates at the U…the McCann Triplets, and so I get notified every time their Mom updates it…which is much more often than I do…and she has 4 kids!
Tommy's Birthday Party
-
Tommy celebrated his 14th birthday with a bunch of friends at the house.
They had a great time doing every screen possibly and eating pizza. Not
sure how m...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment