Robby learned what "NO!" meant tonight...or at least it seemed like he did. He was going to put two Q-Tips in his mouth that I had just cleaned out Jacob's goopy ear with and I wasn't within arm's reach of him, so I gave him a stern "NO". It was the first time I ever did that and boy did I get a reaction! His lip started to quiver and then the tears and crying. The good part was he didn't put them in his mouth! I gave him lots of hugs and kisses afterwards and told him why I had to say that to him.
The boys had a fun night feeding themselves again (they did last night too). I got to eat my dinner at the same time. It's fun to watch them try...I end up giving them the remainder of what is left on the tray, but Robby especially feeds himself well. They had a fun bath afterwards with lots of splashing. I was so proud of Jacob because several times he started to slip, but he caught himself. Before I always had to catch him, but he is becoming much stronger. He is turning on his bottom really well too and is trying to crawl, but just can't hold his little bum up after he gets on all fours. He loves to stand at the coffee table and hold himself up. One step at a time I have to remind myself.
I'm finally feeling OK, but not great. I've been going to bed as soon as I get the boys to sleep and clean up dishes & dirty clothes. Nothing else is getting done, but I'm getting extra sleep that I need.
Tommy's Birthday Party
-
Tommy celebrated his 14th birthday with a bunch of friends at the house.
They had a great time doing every screen possibly and eating pizza. Not
sure how m...
4 months ago
1 comment:
Hi Cindy! Thanks so much for your comments. I've been able to look at your blog shortly! I want to go back and read from the beginning, so that will take sometime. Molly came home on a wedge because of aspirating and reflux. We had to use thickeners in the beginning, but she's been doing fine since about March. I'm not sure where all this fever stuff is coming from, so we'll see! I thought I was going to have to take her to the ER last night after she vomited again. Keep in touch :-)
Post a Comment