Sunday, August 31, 2008

Big Night for Jacob

I've been behind in my posts, so I tried to catch them up so I could add this one. As you know, Jacob just started crawling a month ago. It was a huge step for him. He is always watching Robby, who is hitting most milestones first and I think he gets really frustrated.

Shortly after he was able to crawl, he wanted to stand, but he'd have to be lifted up and held since he was pretty weak. He got to the point where he could pull himself up to his knees and he was so excited. It would be cute because Robby would stand up at the coffee table and then suddenly you'd see Jacob's head pop up, but he'd be on his knees.

Well, today, I looked over at Robby doing something and the next thing I knew, Jacob was standing at the table. He had a huge smile on his face and I started to clap for him. He also wanted to clap for himself and then he went down. He kept trying all night to get up again, but couldn't. I brought in my bedroom and as I layed on my side, he could pull himself up using my sides, so I think tomorrow he will be able to pull himself up to the table again. He is so proud of himself and so determined. He really wants to walk and can with a lot of assistance, but he is a little fighter and wants to do everything on his own.

No comments: