Friday, August 15, 2008

Short Update....

I've not been keeping up w/ my 10 minutes a night updating things on here.

Jacob- he has been crawling everywhere and loving it. He wants so bad to pull himself to stand, but can only get up on his knees. He has been a little more of a whiner, actually quite a bit compared to the perfect content little baby he used to be. I think it is because he gets frustrated, but he wants to be held a lot.

The cutest things he has been doing is saying "Oh Oh". He'll say it when he drops or throws something on the ground or just for the heck of it. It is very cute. He is saying mama and mom a lot.

The other funny thing is when I picked them up from day care yesterday and they both jolted towards me. Jacob got their first (although he had a good head start). He was so proud of himself and Robby laid on the floor and cried! They both get such big smiles when they see me and Jacob will do his little scream and arm waving and bolt towards me. Sometimes Jacob can't decide whether he should scream first or bolt. It is very sweet. I really need to video it.

Robby- he has been quite busy doing many new things. Last Sunday, he "accidentally" took a few steps. He wasn't trying, but he did it. I couldn't get him to do it again.

On Wednesday he started concentrated on his walking and can walk a couple of steps at a time. He is so cute because he will often pull pillows around to be in front of him like he is planning his fall in advance. He usually just falls on his bum.

Either last week or at the beginning of this week Robby bit someone in his class! Not good. He is still in the advance infant room for those that can't walk, but he advanced up to the older kid room today. I think he may be too rough with the littler/younger ones. Last night he took his open hand and pushed Jacob in the chest quite hard trying to push him over. I was there and grabbed Jacob before he fell, but Robby tried another 3 or 4 times to knock him over. G &G call him the bull dozer and that is exactly what he is right now. He is talking himself to sleep right now. It is funny listening to him because he will just lay there and babble on and on. I know he is tired because he will nuzzle into a pillow when he knows it is time and he did that a while ago in the LR.

When not working, I spent quite a bit of time on Tuesday with my sister and Thursday and Friday with my mom getting ready for hopefully a successful garage sale tomorrow. I have way too much stuff and need to downsize. This will be the first of two sales I plan on having before fall is here.

I'm going to Vegas next week on business for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my friend and Elizabeth's new baby boy and her daughter, who is almost two, but I hate being away from Robby & Jacob.

I took some pictures of the boys in their pool this evening and eating their dinner. I let them feed themselves as much as they can even though it makes a mess. They are both progressing well.

Well, I need to look into rental cars. I'll put pictures on as soon as I have a few extra minutes.

No comments: