Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 30, 2007 .... Day 33....Poopy Man!

Today is our 33rd day here with 48 days until they are actually due...


Today was another pleasant day. Both boys had their eyes checked (a routine thing they do) for ROP, Retinopathy of Prematurity... http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/rop/index.asp#1. They found nothing with Jake and a stage 1 for Robby. They will check both of them in a couple of weeks. They don't seem too concerned about either result.

Robby was first famous for peeing on anyone changing his diaper, now his newest thing is pooping (and he squirts it fast, hard and far) when I'm in the middle of a diaper change. It is really quite funny and I should prepare myself for the change between 3 and 5pm everyday. I scared the poor little thing today because I jumped and pulled both hands back quickly when he did a squirt today. He makes the funniest noise when he does it too. I'm going to start wearing gloves for those changes because there is no way to avoid it!

Robby had his first little fit tonight. He kept crying like he was being poked with a bunch of needles or something. I picked him up and let him try to eat like a big boy and he totally mellowed out. I'm hoping he can start eating that way all the time so he can come home soon! His isolette is down to 30.6 (needs to get to 28) and he needs to eat on his own and he will be homeward bound.

Jake's isolette is at 32.1 and he is starting to try to eat like a big boy, but Robby is a couple steps ahead of him, although Jake has been the better binky sucker.

I'm hoping they can both come home on the same day or w/in a couple days of each other because once they are discharged, they won't be allowed to come and visit the other one that is still here.

That is all the news for today. Thanks again for all the prayers, emails and calls. Sorry I am so bad at returning them. When I am at home, I sleep, shower and grab quick bites so I can come here and be w/ my boys. I haven't had a lot of computer time while here at the hospital because both boys want to be held so much and they both get a diaper change and feeding every 3 hours, so I keep busy with them.

No comments: