When I went to the hospital today, the boys had been moved (per my request). We are now in a little corner spot, where both of their isolettes are and a chair for me. It is very crowded, but I can see both at the same time and hold them together without having to unhook monitors and get portable ones.
Jake has a PICC line in still and I was going to wait for it to be removed before I held them together again, but I couldn't resist. I was holding Jake and Robby was watching and fussing quite a bit, so I had the RN put Robby on my chest too. Robby kept staring at Jake and checking him out. Jake wasn't too interested and slept most of the time. I put Robby's arm around Jake and Robby pulled it back, made a fist and put it up to Jake's chin. It was pretty funny.
Both are doing well. Jake is back eating again and is having a bit of a hard time pooping, but he did a nice healthy one tonight for me (after getting a suppository). Jake went ahead of Robby in weight today by just a tad bit.
For the first time tonight, while holding both of them, I realized I might have my hands full! But that is just fine with me. The other thing I was trying to imagine while holding them was if they were both in my belly...I'd be huge! I wouldn't have minded and would have preferred that, but I know we can't have everything in life we want and I'm just dealing what was dealt to me and thankful they are both as healthy as they are.
Tommy's Birthday Party
-
Tommy celebrated his 14th birthday with a bunch of friends at the house.
They had a great time doing every screen possibly and eating pizza. Not
sure how m...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment