Friday, January 23, 2009

Dear Robby & Jacob...

Since I'm writing this blog for them to read in the future, I'm going to start writing it to them.

Dear Robby & Jacob,

You made me cry tonight watching you play together. You were standing facing each other and trying to jump up and you were both laughing hysterically. It was so precious. I wanted to get my video camera out, but I figured you'd stop by the time I got it set up, so I just stored the image in my head and heart. You two are such joys! You have both been trying to jump a lot...especially you Jacob. You think it is so funny. You both think it is funny to swing open the bathroom door when I am in there, say "Hi" and laugh. I really need to tape that because it happens all the time. Jacob, that is when you do most of your jumping.

Most nights we play pig pile on Mommy. I lay on the floor and you both jump and crawl all over my back. You are both getting so big, I don't know how much longer I can do it. You both just laugh and laugh and laugh and I tickle both of you and you tickle me back.

Jacob, you are really getting good at putting two words together. You can identify different balls- baseball, basketball, big ball & football. You call them by name and you both throw the balls very hard and far. I'll make sure you both get to play a lot of sports and you can decide which ones you like best and which ones you don't want to play. I'm hoping Baseball, but if it is something else, that is OK too.

I can't wait to spend time w/ you this weekend. I worked way too many hours this week and it really took up our special time.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: