This has been a very crazy 6 weeks. Some good things...some not so good....I have to go back and forth in time and things still might not make sense, but bare with me.
I got the job at Aliante Casino in Las Vegas (It's opening on Nov 11, 2008) and the start date was this last Monday (Oct 20th). I was given less than 4 weeks notice to get everything together. I flew down there and spent an entire weekend looking at places to live, narrowed it down to 4 houses and since I hadn't officially started working yet... so basically, my entire trip was wasted down there, other than I was fitted for my suit (they supply suits for floor supervisors).
Just prior to going down Jacob had a sleep study done and it was found that he has sleep apnea that is pretty bad. Ideally, it would be best for him to be on CPAP, but getting an 18 month old to wear one is not going to be easy. In the meantime, he is getting oxygen at night. Tonight was only the second night he has been on it, but he did pretty well letting me stumble to put the nasal prongs on him. I'm having him sleep w/ me because I'm afraid of him strangling himself w/ the way he tosses and turns at night. Once I can get him to wear the CPAP, I won't have that worry. He was so sweet tonight as he layed in his crib and I hooked up the compressor....he give me a sweet smile and a little giggle and looked at me with his sweet eyes. He's such a sweetheart and takes things with stride. His next obstacle will be wearing orthodics to help him walk. They were ordered the other day, so it will be long before they are in. They will only go up to around his ankles to give him strength.
The good news is they had swallow studies about a month ago and they both "passed" and don't aspirate, so they are off thickened liquids. That saves me about 45 minutes of bottle prep in the morning.
Robby had just been go, go, going. No longer walking everywhere, but running! His personality is precious and he is quite funny. He is being a bit of a bully and and pushes Jacob down a lot and tackles him like a football player.
Jacob also had a couple of trips to the eye doctor and his eyes aren't quite where they want to see them, so I just have to watch him and bring him in for follow up in a few months.
These last six weeks have consisted of multiple medical appointments, 3 moving sales, packing, working and I'm pretty exhausted.
The bad news (in my eyes) is due to Jacob's medical problems and not having a place to move into, I told Aliante that I couldn't accept the job. They were understanding and told me to keep in contact and to let them know when I get things taken care of (Jacob being my main concern) and my application will be on the top of the pile. With the ecomony being as it is and with all my family here, I'm going to just stay put until the boys are older....like 18!
My most heartbreaking news is Baylea....but she deserves an entry of her own.
I'm a bad mom and don't have as many recent pictures of my boys as I should. Here is a link to a slide show of some pictures. I tried to link it from Photo Bucket, but it came out wrong. I'll figure it out later.
http://s372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/cindylowman/Oct%202008/?albumview=slideshow
Tommy's Birthday Party
-
Tommy celebrated his 14th birthday with a bunch of friends at the house.
They had a great time doing every screen possibly and eating pizza. Not
sure how m...
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment