Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Many Changes

It hasn't been that long since I've updated my blog, but many things have happened. Robby is walking everywhere! He just loves it! He was very unsure of himself at first, even though he had excellent balance, but now he just goes! Jacob crawls following him everywhere. Jacob is very anxious to stand and walk and is able to pull himself up by himself and does it constantly. He will try to take some steps and only hang on with one hand. It wasn't that long ago that he had totally spaghetti legs, but he is getting them strong very fast.

They both got some Robeez shoes last weekend and love to wear them. Even though they are similiar weight and height, Robby wears a 5 1/2 and Jacob only a 3 1/2.

I'm working hard on getting them on regular table food. I still have baby food around for the nights I don't feel like cooking. I need to find more ideas. Jacob has a problem of putting many pieces in his mouth at the same time and waiting until it is totally full to start chewing and swallowing. I gave them each a couple of bites of pizza tonight. I was exhausted last night and ordered one for the first time in over a year.

They love scrambled eggs, so they get those most mornings along w/ bread and yogurt. They are both doing well eating. When they are tired of eating, the plates and silverware end up on the floor, which I'm trying to break that habit.

We went to a picnic on Saturday and I got some good pictures I need to download. They both went on a baby swing. Robby loved it and Jacob was a bit hesitant. On Sunday we went to the Mariner game w/ my friend Tom and the boys did great. Robby stayed awake the entire game and he watched a lot of it and clapped. Jacob fell asleep towards the end and had a good time too.

Tonight we went to the grocery store after picking them up from day care. Safeway used to have the double car cart that two kids can sit in from of the cart. I guess they got rid of them because older kids would pee in them and then little kids would get in. I'll have to find a store that does have them and check they are clean before they get in. It was difficult to shop w/ Robby sitting in the basket w/ all the food. He did pretty good, but decided he wanted to start standing on the jars. He did fall at one point and bit his lip or tongue and had a bit of a bleed.

Before bed,the routine has been to body slam mommy. I will lay on the floor and Robby will especially do a body slam on me over and over again. Jacob laughs and tries to do it too..We just all laugh, but it won't be long before they start hurting me.

I love how they are getting some routines down. Every night when they go to bed, I stop outside of Baylea's room where she sleeps before getting in bed with me. I have the boys tell her goodnight and that they love her. Robby was walking to his room tonight and stopped at the doorway to do his new wave to Baylea and say he loves her. Unfortunatly, Baylea wasn't in there, although she probably heard him.

I've have to upload some pictures soon and learn how to do the slideshow like Heather does and learn how to upload DVDs.

If anyone has ideas of healthy meal plans for the boys, let me know. I'm trying to do as much reading that I can. I just need foods that they won't choke or aspirate on.

No comments: