Friday, October 24, 2008

Night 3 of Oxygen

I've been dreading the end of the night knowing I had to hook Jacob up to the O2. One of his face patches came off last night so I knew I'd have the pain of putting another one of those on.

Jacob came home from day care very tired...I think he was asleep before we even pulled out of the parking lot. He slept for a while in his recliner after we got home, but kept coughing on his phlegm due to his cold.

After he got up and they both ate, we all played in the living room. They love playing pig pile on Mom and are actually getting too big and rough for me, but they have just a good time doing it.

I put Jacob in his bed at bedtime and thought I'd wait until he was nice and calm before I went through the agony of hooking him up and upsetting him.

To my surprise, he let me put the tubing over his head, around his ears and tighten it. He fussed for about 15 seconds and then put his head down and smiled at me as he closed his eyes! I couldn't believe it, but was so thankful. He hasn't moved much since he went to bed, although let out a little scream about 3 minutes ago, but is still sleeping now. (This is totally normal around this time of night for him to do) I'm still going to keep him in my bed when I go to bed just in case he tosses in the night and gets tangled.

My next goal is to get him to wear the CPAP and then I won't need to worry about him strangling himself and he can sleep in his crib. We didn't play w/ the mask tonight, but will play w/ it this weekend and hopefully next week try to hook him up.

Robby's trick for the day....this was soooo funny..... As I was getting ready this morning, someone was knocking at my door. I looked through the LR blinds, which were open, but not pulled open (vertical blinds) and saw two "church ladies". I kindly just said through the closed window, "Thanks, but I'm not interested". I walked away to continue getting ready and Robby went and shut the curtains on them! It would be rude if I did it, but it was pretty funny when he did it.

They both had a great time at Little Red School House this morning. That place has been a God sent in helping them....especially Jacob.

Hopefully it is nice this weekend (for Seattle) and we are going to go to the lake and feed the ducks and find a place with some good slides and swings.

No comments: