Sunday, June 3, 2007

June 3, 2007...A couple days of updates

I try to update this every night before I leave the hospital, but have had company with me, so I haven't.

Both boys are doing great. Jake had the first bath of his life tonight! I'll post some pictures later of that.

Jake got a gold star yesterday for eating 17 cc's from me. He gets 33 cc's a feeding, so that was pretty awesome of him to take that much. Today he tried, but didn't do too well. He would stop breathing while he was trying to feed, so I'd have to pull away. They still aren't expected to be able to nurse until they are 34 weeks and they haven't hit that point yet. Robby still just nibbles and licks at the milk. They both have been bottle fed a little and are doing OK at that.

The best news I got over the past couple of days is that they are going to be moved to the Newborn Plus Service. They will still be in the NICU and have the same nurses, but the Newborn Plus Service is for babies that don't have medical problems that need a lot of attention and they goal is to get them eating so they can go home....from what I understand. Only 6 babies are allowed to be on this service and there are currently 5 on the service. As soon as 2 spots open up, then Robby and Jake will transfer to this service. This is very exciting for me. It is possible that they might be able to come home in 2 weeks! I'm trying really hard to get them eating on their own so this can happen. I just pray nothing medical will hold them back.

Today, June 3, Aunt Debbie came to visit the boys.

Yesterday, June 2, Grandma was there to see her boys.

Friday, June 1st, both Debbie and Grandma were there and got to hold both boys at the same time. It was a thrill for them!

Both boys are almost 4 pounds now! They are just a few grams away...I'm sure by tomorrow, they will hit the 4 pound mark.

No comments: