Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Time!



I have been horrible about blogging and to think my job revolves around blogging! The boys are at G&G's this weekend so I can get out all the Christmas decorations up without having 4 little hands helping me. I got the majority of my Christmas shopping done today, got the tree up, but not decorated and busy doing laundry, dishes, cleaning....all the things I can't get done during the work week and then some. I was up until 5am this morning doing things and the same will probably happen tonight.




We saw Santa early this year. He was so much friendlier than last year.....We went to a different mall to make sure we didn't see Grumpy Santa. The picture didn't turn out too well, but they were both just kind of dazed. This picture was actually taken by the mom that was in front of us. I didn't bring a camera to take my own, so she did it for me and emailed them to me.

My brother and his wife of 1+ years flew in from Kuwait last week. She is very nice and "warm"
is the way I would describe her. Here is the family picture we took. They will be here until January 1st, but are traveling around to see Jeff's old friends in Hermiston and Bellingham.
Update on Robby & Jacob.....
Robby is walking and running everywhere. A few nights ago, I was in my office working and I always listen to the monitor. I heard too much silence, so I went to investigate. Jacob was in their bedroom playing and I could find Robby! I was freaking out and running through the house looking for him. I had the alarm on, so I knew no door had been opened. I found him in the playroom...he had closed the door and was sitting in the dark silently.
Jacob is still not walking, but is taking up to 7 steps at a time. He cruises everywhere, but just doesn't have the confidence to walk w/out touching a wall or furniture. His orthodics still aren't in. The first pair were too small and then shipping problems. I'm praying once he gets them he'll be off and running. He is tolerating his oxygen most nights, but we've had some rough nights putting the tubing on. I really need to start working on this CPAP machine, but I know it is going to be really tough to get him to wear that and he can easily take it off, so he will have to sleep in my room. He has been much more perky and awake since he has been on the oxygen. I hope he outgrows the apnea or can have surgery and not have to wear anything at night. I constantly tell him that it isn't fair he has to wear it, but I still have to be the mean one to put it on his face and tear the tape off his face in the morning.
My mom took their 19 month pictures and I don't have copies of them yet. Hopefully I'll get their 18 and 19 month pics on before they are 20 months.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I know how busy I am with just one boy, I can't imagine 2! Hey, have you tried the tender grips for the oxygen tubing? If you haven't seen them, I probably have some laying around. Let me know!

Cindy, Robby & Jacob said...

Are the tender grips the little round "bandages" that open up for the tubing? If so, he used those at first, but then started ripping the tubing off easily and they damaged his sensitive skin. I'm using Replicare, which doesn't do so much damage and comes up pretty easily daily.

I'll get back w/ you on the RSS feeds...I'm going to bed since they both fell asleep....I'm sick (cold), but really need to go to work tomorrow.